Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 2 of 40 Day Love Feast~Without Brushing My Hair.

Can you imagine a personal relationship that is filled only with love and understanding. One that whispers to you how great and lovely you are. One that says I love and accept you. This is the kind of love Hafiz wrote about in this lovely poem. Imagine answering the knock at the door and opening it to find the God of your understanding waiting to embrace you just as you are. This kind of love ishere and it is possible. Let's walk in it!

"Without Brushing My Hair"

The
Closer
I get to you, Beloved,
The more I can see
It is just You and I all alone
In this World.
I hear A knock at my door,
Who else could it be,
So I rush without brushing
My hair.

For too
Many nights
I have begged for Your
Return

And what
Is the use of vanity

At this late hour, at this divine season,
That has now come to my folded
Knees?

If your love letters are true dear God
I will surrender myself to
Who you keep saying
I
Am.



Here is a lovely song about meeting your friend :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment